Even Stephen: The Skinny on Steve Bannon’s Sentencing
Steve Bannon is set for sentencing on Oct. 21, 2022, after a jury found him guilty of two counts of Contempt of Congress. But, like many of the recent Trump-adjacent prosecutions, we are in uncharted waters. Therefore, helping us get Set for Sentencing to sort all this out, our returning champion, Mark Allenbaugh.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- Guideline and statutory analysis for the crimes of conviction;
- Considering pardoned conduct at sentencing;
- The so-called “trial penalty” and whether it will apply here;
- Whether Bannon can earn early release through good time or First Step Act credits;
- Whether Bannon’s new charges can be used to enhance his sentence;
- Whether he can stay out of jail while his appeal is pending;
- Possible mitigation Bannon should offer to lessen his sentence;
- Whether the sentence can satisfy the “goals of punishment”;
- Predictions as to what sentence the judge will actually impose.
Some other great Mark Allenbaugh episodes!